The Head of Department (HoD), in consultation with staff, is responsible for giving directions and for ensuring the effective administration of the department. The HoD is assisted in this task by a number of departmental committees.
- Administration committee (chaired by the HoD) charged with attending to administrative tasks.
- Academic committee (chaired by Dr. Walter Guttmann) is responsible for the department's academic programs.
- Research committee (chaired by Dr. Miguel Morales) works on maintaining the high level of the department's research profile.
- Postgraduate committee (chaired by Prof. Andy Cockburn) supports departmental activities related to postgraduate studies.
- Facilities committee (chaired by Prof. Tim Bell) supports the acquisition and allocation of the department's resources.
- Marketing & Internationalisation committee (chaired by Dr. Moffat Mathews) supports the external and internal marketing of the department.
- Health and Safety committee (chaired by HoD) which monitors requirements under the Health and Safety Act and seeks to provide a safe working environment.
Staff document collection is a staff-only collection of documents which come from the above committees. Apart from teaching, research, and contributing to the goals of the various committees there are also a number of other tasks of an administrative nature (e.g. employers liaison, library liaison, etc) which academic staff are called on to perform. The department's programming staff are responsible for maintenance and improvement of the department's computing environment, while the technician and tutors look after laboratories and their administration.
Cosc mail aliases collection is a list of the internal email aliases for the department, some of which are used in web pages and other publications.