Example of a "buried" stargate achieved using the above arrangement of camouflage blocks.
If you are using redstone wires to control the iris or monitor the gate's state, you will need to insert repeaters as shown here, otherwise the signal emitted when the gate is connected will activate the iris.
|Blocks will not merge into
|• Block pattern is incorrect
• Base block facing in wrong direction
• Interior of ring is not empty
|Central button of controller
and controller is not responsive
|• Controller not close enough
• Controller not facing towards stargate
• Stargate already linked to another controller
|Dialling an address fails
|• Address is incorrect
• Initiating stargate has insufficient fuel
• Destination stargate is already connected
|Stargate begins dialling by
|This is normal. When receiving
connection, the receiving stargate
automatically dials back to the initiating stargate.